May 11, 2008

A Pond Adventure


Nicolas had his first experience as Nature Guide today when he led us on an adventure hike to the pond (officially Sears Lake) near our house. He showed us many different trails, including the "Dark Side Trail," which has a "bunch of dark spots." He even reminded us to watch out for poison ivy, although he didn't know what it looked like. He also showed us the biggest ant hill I'd ever seen - I bet it was five feet in diameter, at least! Gavin had a good time, too. He had to be carried for a while, but then got brave enough to walk on his own. All in all, our short excursion was quite entertaining - and Nicolas has a bright future in the Forest Service!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I can't believe how big Gavin is! He looks like such a little man! And Nicholas is looking all grown up. I can't believe you guys are having another one next month. I can't even get Chris convinced we should have one in a year!

Well.. I'm glad to see you guys are all so happy!

Talk to you soon!

Sarah