June 03, 2008

2-1 Infantry Battalion Formal

Dan's unit, 2-1 Infantry Battalion, held their first formal on May 30th. It was a good chance for Dan and I to get dressed up and go out without the boys. We had a really good time - it was fun to see all the guys looking sharp in their dressy uniforms. As you can see, I'm not exactly my svelte self (ha!) - this is what 38 weeks pregnant looks like (complete with farmer tan and double chin)! And then there's Dan, handsome as always.Here are all of the leadership from Charlie Company. L-R are 1LT Aaron Perrine, Platoon Leader; 1LT Nick Tallant, XO; CPT Chris Hetz, CO; 1SG Eddie Kane; and 1LT Dan, Platoon Leader. Dan doesn't work with these guys anymore - many of the officers were moved to different positions in the battalion after their first year. Dan now works as the S-4 (Logistics) in Headquarters Company.
Here I am with the beautiful Nicky Tallant, wife to Nick (above). She took over for me as Charlie Company Family Readiness Group Leader after Dan and I moved to HQ Company.
Dan and SFC Holmes, his former Platoon Sergeant.
Me with two tan ladies, Layla Tang (our neighbor) and Becca Rae Green (country singing sensation of Fort Lewis).

No comments: