October 19, 2008

Making Pumpkin Memories

We went on a little excursion this morning to the Schilter Family Farm (http://schilterfamilyfarm.com) to pick a couple 0f pumpkins for the boys. First of all, let me say that it was freezing but the boys took it like champs and didn't complain once. I, on the other hand, had to bite my tongue so I didn't seem like a complete wuss! I am still getting acclimated to the fall weather! Tall Boys!

We did the hay maze first, where Gavin befriended the little barn kitty and Nicolas successfully led us to the end. Then it was on to the petting farm, where the boys got to feed a 4-week-old calf, some chickens, pigs, and goats. Finally we grabbed a wheelbarrow and headed for the patch. After searching for the perfect pumpkin for 20 minutes, we finally settled on two big ones and two small ones. I am sure I will get plenty of pics and video when we start carving! We also bought some superfresh butternut squash and corn for dinner tonight. I'm making curried butternut squash soup. Shouldn't be too difficult - I'll let you know how it turns out.

Check out this award-winning video!

Nicolas feeding the calf.

Gavin and his barn kitty.

No comments: